Rob Brew Portfolio
I have completed a Master's in Advanced Computer Science at Kent University for which I have achieved a Merit.
- Databases:Mysql, Cassandra and MongoDB.
- Backend / Desktop languages: Java, C++ (including GTK and Qt), PHP, Bash.
- Mobile languages: Flutter, Android (Java), iOS (Swift).
- Linux: Nginx, active directory, bash scripting, Samba, RAID, Apache, NFS, DNS servers,
I’m running a distributed Git core server and mail relay using Raspberry PI clones.
Business website: www.rydalinc.org
The point i'm making is there is no way to know either way, as is the nature of belief.
I am an accredited Linux Professional Institute Linux engineer, details of which are here (online link):
Open source projects:
Public github repository.
- Flutter Get Messages: Overcomes a shortfall in Flutter's Firebase notification service, it stores messages in a database on the phone for later use.Link
- Eeze eyes: Turns the monitor off every half hour for 5 minutes, no way to bypass this apart from remote login. Good for developers who *need* a break.Link
- Underground: GPS location system which does not require any hardware beyond wireless access points already available on the tube.Link
- Overground: GPS location system for public transport, using better wifi as provided on bus minicomputers.Link
- Broken: Returns an http status code based on system checks run by a linux script.Link
Kent University (Msc):
- Student rep for the MSc stream (2017).
- Received a merit
- Dissertation text.
- Dissertation code (proof of concept - alpha).
- BSc (Hons) Computer science 2:2.
- Festival welfare stewarding: Looking after the welfare of people at festivals under the influence of drugs and alcohol.
- War resister's international: Systems administrator for project running Linux desktops and servers.
- Community technology: Working recycling computers, provisioning Ubuntu Linux and building install images.
References available on request.